Friday, February 27, 2009

Outgoing Mail

UPDATE: the first video posted was taken down. I found a replacement.

In American warfare vernacular, outgoing mail is a term for friendly artillery intended for the enemy. Here at Tigerbait, it's a you tube to get you in the the right mood about the Tiger's whipping their next opponent and just getting out of the office for the weekend. I give you: Rebirth by Skillet.



If you aren't or didn't pay attention to the lyrics or recognize this band, you realize this is a pretty serious departure from the norm here. Skillet is a Christian band with some serious prog rock tendencies. They weren't always prog rock, but I think, from my research, that they've hit their stride with this sound.

Backing up, some things you probably don't know about me. I grew up in a Southern Baptist household and my faith still means something to me, how much is up to debate/judgement/opinion. And all my life, good, hell, decent sounding Christian music pretty much didn't exist. There may have been a band or two. But by and large, it just didn't jibe, my Christian background and one of the biggest loves of my life, rock.

And then I run across this band. I can honestly say, wow. I like their work. I dig this song. I'll put it up against a lot of other art out there and think it could stand its ground.

Beyond that, not much else to say. Central Florida comes to town for baseball. The hoops Tigers travel to Lexington. Right now, LSU is riding high. This weekend is just a chance for our teams to further themselves. For baseball, Mainieri and staff continue their quest on seeing what kind of pitching we have while our bats bludgeon the other team. For basketball, LSU can continue to improve their standing in the eyes of the selection committee vis a vis their seeding. And hell, who doesn't like beating UK in basketball?

Oh and what I talking about at the start of the week has come to fruition as LSU and West By Gosh Virginia are set to play in 2010 and 2011. I'm happy. I think this comment from Every Day Should Be Saturday is a winner and sums it up, "The real question would be, would the WVa fans be able to ignite the couches before the LSU fans tried to put it in the deep frier?". Yes. I love it. Gotta love a clash between two schools whose class syllabus features course abbreviations like TAX 1001 that has nothing to do with taxes and everything to do with stuffed animals.

The weather here rocks right now. I hope you have something similar to enjoy.

1 comment:

Don't be rude. Or I will delete your comment. Questions?