Friday, January 16, 2009

Outgoing Mail

In American warfare vernacular, outgoing mail is a term for friendly artillery intended for the enemy. Here at Tigerbait, it's a you tube to get you in the the right mood about the Tiger's whipping their next opponent and just getting out of the office for the weekend. I give you: The Impression That I Get by The Mighty Mighty Bosstones.



I get the idea that Ole Miss is, this season at least, in the same boat as LSU, but slightly worse. They have no impressive victories and have lost to every superior team they've faced. Like the Tigers, the Rebels will have to make some serious noise to entertain thoughts of making the Dance. EDIT: I just learned that Ole Miss is coming off of a win against Arkansas. That's a solid win. My mistake. But give an assist to the web geeks at secsports.com, when I looked up Ole Miss' record, the Wed. night games hadn't been updated, as of late Friday morning. I want that job.

This is one of those almost unspoken absolute must wins for either team. You have to win these games against mediocre teams and then pick off a good one or two to have a solid resume. That's why I love the regular season of football and basketball, these games matter to some great or small degree.

One link you oughta check out, and I am loathe to throw links when we all have our routine of favorites, but this one is worth adding to the que. How Bruce Feldman's blog at ESPN has escaped me until now is sad. But thanks to EDSBS, I know now. He's well worth reading. You may have heard of him from his excellent book on recruiting, Meat Market.

It's cold here in Baton Rouge, and I'm needing to get in the yard and take care of some chores. The new Alex Box is almost finished and baseball aproaches. But until then, it's freezing and watching basketball inside sounds a hell of a lot better than working outside. Hope it's nice where you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be rude. Or I will delete your comment. Questions?