Friday, September 12, 2008

Outgoing Mail

In American warfare vernacular, outgoing mail is a term for friendly artillery intended for the enemy. Here at Tigerbait, it's a you tube to get you in the the right mood about the Tiger's whipping their next opponent and just getting out of the office for the weekend. I give you: Feelin' Good Again by Robert Earl Keen



I can't tell you how happy I am about watching LSU play the worst team they have played or will play for quite some time. It means tailgating. It means playing washers, grilling, drinking, using a port o let, the walk across campus before and after the game. It means screaming and hollering and acting a fool at the game, going nuts on the Four Corners Salute, singing the national anthem, singing the alma mater, doing the chinese bandits cheer after a stop on third down. Sounds just like always huh?

It means normalcy.

And let me tell you. That's what we need here. I need it. My friends need it. Everyone is worn out. Everyone's sleeping and eating habits are out of whack. It's been a shitty couple of weeks here. But things are looking up. And they'll be as right as ever on Saturday. I don't even need to talk trash about North Texas (which was the original purpose of Outgoing Mail). They suck. LSU will crush them. We'll throw the ball a great deal since we need to learn more about our quarterbacks. That's about it.

And to all my people in and around the Galveston/Houston area, keep your head up. I was going to say down, but it's going to come a flood there. Whatever, just take care of yourself.

2 comments:

  1. great song. and 42 points ain't enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still not doing it, I'm trying not to bet LSU this year. I/they/we were all over the place last year.

    And yes, this is a great song. Hard not to like it.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be rude. Or I will delete your comment. Questions?