Friday, May 23, 2008

Outgoing Mail

In American warfare vernacular, outgoing mail is a term for friendly artillery intended for the enemy. Here at Tigerbait, it's a you tube to get you in the the right mood about the Tiger's whipping their next opponent and just getting out of the office for the weekend. I give you: Southern California by Wax



Sayonara suckers, I am headed to visit a buddy in sunny San Diego. Combine that with the 18 straight win Tigahs and you have the perfect confluence, a video about going to southern California with someone on fire.

Because, make no mistake, the Tigers are on fire. I have listened to both games of the SEC tourney so far for LSU. And Hawthorne is right, the Tigers keep doing it again and again, getting in the heads of their opponents and winning games, usually, and especially this week, from behind. How do they do it? I dunno. But it's a helluva a lot of fun to witness. Over at Geaux Tuscaloosa, they are debating who's the star for LSU.

My vote? I really dig how Clark is bombing the hell out of the opposing piching. However, overall, I really like what Jared Mitchell has been contributing in the field, at the plate and on the basepaths. He has really come on and I don't think LSU would be riding a win streak without his crucial contributions. Same could be said for a lot of Tigers. And that's what I love about this team, no super stars, just guys getting it done, and done in a big way. But Mitchell is fun to watch and a big factor. So he's my guy.

Here's my random link for the Friday. This is a decent article about the present state of Nebraska football. It's interesting to note how well Pelini is fitting in with their climate and football mindset after their late unpleasantness with Calahan and AD Peterson. What's humorous to note is the glossing over of what got them into this situation in the first place, the abrupt and pre-mature firing of Solich. The article does mention, and some Nebraska fans will as well, the previous coach and his fate. But they won't own up to the fact that the Nebraska culture got caught up in the climate of firing coaches too soon. All Solich ever did was win 58 games in 6 seasons. So I won't be weeping for Big Red any time soon. They brought their current misery on themselves.

Enjoy your Friday. The Tigers will as they have a day off while USC and Vandy decide who will face them. I will be moving closer to having the best dang fish tacos in the world on Ocean Beach. Sounds like a good weekend all around. Have fun and take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be rude. Or I will delete your comment. Questions?