Saturday, November 3, 2007

Holy Crap, Y'all!

The Cardiac Cats do it again!

I had to attend the NAS Pensacola Marine Corps Ball (Happy 232nd Birthday, Jarheads! You don't look a day over 40) so I only watched the first quarter and the last 5 minutes. But that's all I needed. I've got it on TiVo, so I'm off to watch that in a minute.

But the stats say it all. LSU dominated this game but for penalties and 3 interceptions. The Tigers very nearly beat themselves - again. I'm sure the coaching staff will have a lot to say about that tomorrow in the film review.

At the risk of patting myself on the back, I think I got this one right. The key to success was getting to Wilson, which the Tigers most definitely did - I think he was sacked 7 times. And I believe I also said we'd blow them out if we could keep the penalties low and the turnover ratio in our favor. Well, had we done that, it would have been close to my 41-17 prediction. We did get the 41! I also called the punt return for a TD thing. So ducky for me, I guess.

It was ugly, it was exciting, it was a big, fat, stinking WIN!

More tomorrow after I actually force myself to watch 14 penalties and 3 interceptions....on purpose. At least I know what the outcome is, so I won't throw anything at the TV (probably).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be rude. Or I will delete your comment. Questions?