Friday, July 10, 2009

Outgoing Mail

In American warfare vernacular, outgoing mail is a term for friendly artillery intended for the enemy. Here at Tigerbait, it's a you tube to get you in the the right mood about the Tiger's whipping their next opponent and just getting out of the office for the weekend. I give you: River of Deceit (live) by Mad Season.



This is the worst part of the year for college football fans. It's so close and yet the days drag by. But take heart fair reader! I am about to bring you one of the best songs I will ever feature in this spot. In this desert of sports, this time of blazing heat and oppressive humidity that drains one of vitality and will, I give you an oasis for the ear and indeed, the mind and soul.

Mad Season was a side project conglomeration of musicians from Screaming Trees, Pearl Jam and, most notably, the dearly departed Layne Staley of Alice In Chains. They released only one album, Above. It has remained one of my favorites ever since. For some reason, I really enjoy it more during the summer. It's just the feel of it I guess. And especially this song, I just really, really dig it.

And on a similar note, Alice in Chains, with their new front man, has released a new track. Check it out at www.aliceinchains.com and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be rude. Or I will delete your comment. Questions?