Friday, November 28, 2008

Outgoing Mail

In American warfare vernacular, outgoing mail is a term for friendly artillery intended for the enemy. Here at Tigerbait, it's a you tube to get you in the the right mood about the Tiger's whipping their next opponent and just getting out of the office for the weekend. I give you: What's Left of the Flag by Flogging Molly.



Somehow, the sentiments in this song just about sum up this season and my feelings toward it. It's been arduous, disappointing and exhausting. It's not over yet and there's still some fighting left to do. Overall, I celebrate it because it's college football. It's my Fighting Tigers of LSU and I wouldn't want life without it.

But if I don't see some fight out of the Tigers today, I'll be disappointed. And honestly, there's no reason to expect it. Coaching and player performance has been disappointing, especially of late. There's myriad proven factors about why LSU has underwhelmed this year. One factor I think no one has really pointed out is the lack of a leader. Here's hoping we see one emerge today and in the bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be rude. Or I will delete your comment. Questions?