Friday, October 24, 2008

Outgoing Mail

In American warfare vernacular, outgoing mail is a term for friendly artillery intended for the enemy. Here at Tigerbait, it's a you tube to get you in the the right mood about the Tiger's whipping their next opponent and just getting out of the office for the weekend. I give you: Hair of the Dog by Nazareth.



We have a cat of some sort with its tail on fire, somewhat applicable to LSU at this point. And then some sort of blonde ninja on a souped up Yamaha or Suzuki bike going after dudes who are shooting at him. There's tons of gunplay and swordplay. At this point, I'm pretty sure this is from the game Final Fantasy and this may not be an official video by Nazareth. The crazy sword and gun fighting continue, as consistent as the cowbell that drives the song. This whole combination of music and cartoon excellence is why I picked this video.

Well, that and as I aluded to earlier, it's a complex metaphor for LSU and the UGA game this weekend. The Tigers' collective tail is on fire and they are going to have to show the resiliency of a cowbell in what is sure to be one hell of a fight Saturday afternoon. I think the LSU/UGA match-up is going to produce a hell of a game. I think it'll be a fight and the issue will be in doubt until the final gun.

Ok, I'll be honest. It was by birthday yesterday and I went out. I picked this video when I got back. The cowbell just drew me in. But Georgia is now messing with a son of a bitch. And I'll be unhappy if LSU doesn't come out ready to play, pissed off, hungry, mean, aggressive and playing to win via infliction of pain and distress.

1 comment:

  1. Any song with a cowbell is cool.....i.e. Live Wire by the Crue.

    The Dawgs flat out have too many injuries along their front lines. No way they hold up to the physical LSU pounding.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be rude. Or I will delete your comment. Questions?