Saturday, November 17, 2007

LSU 41, Ole Miss 24

Well, I was wrong - and right. I knew that LSU would score at least 30 on Ole Miss, but I had no idea that Ole Miss would be able to put 466 yards of offense on the number 1 defense in the country. That was surprising.

I'll need to go back and rewatch the game because I had company over and didn't get a chance to really watch each play. But my sense is that LSU completely failed to pressure Schaeffer, and for whatever reason the Tigers just could not make the first tackle for much of the game. How many of Ole Miss' yards came from broken plays where some of the defense got caught over pursuing, and the rest of the defense just couldn't make the tackle? Hell, Schaeffer himself had almost 100 yards - we allowed him to look like Tebow.

Anyway, we did what we had to do. Ole Miss was never really threatening after the first quarter. And Trindon Holliday answered Ole Miss' punt return for a touchdown with a kickoff return of his own.

Overall, a sloppy game filled with penalties and a defense that for some reason could not control the line of scrimmage.

More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be rude. Or I will delete your comment. Questions?